One of the easiest ways to enhance the interior look and design of a house is by using skirting boards. These are boards fixed at the bottom of the interior wall of a house. Skirting boards are normally made from a variety of different materials and designs. The most common skirting board is the mdf skirting board This is a skirting board made from moisture resistant materials. These skirting boards are made in such a way that they make the decoration of the interior of a house or an office easy.
Types of skirting boards
There are different designs of skirting boards that give clients different options as per one's tastes and preferences. The following are some of the mdf skirting board designs;
1. Grooved 1 Bullnose MDF Skirting – this is a skirting board designed with a groove which adds definition to the design while the bullnose gives the skirting board a smooth and soft finish.
2. Chamfer mdf skirting board – this is one of the most common skirting board designs. It is popular for its simplistic style. This design consists of a single angled face and a lip at the bottom. The design is like for its ease to clean and keep neat.
3. Anglo mdf skirting board – this is a detailed skirting board design consisting of a small round that is followed by a smooth curve. It gives a room a traditional sense of look in a modern design.
4. Athens mdf skirting board – this is a very unique and a classy skirting board design. The smooth curves and the famous top makes it unique.
Advantages of the skirting boards
1. They are easy to fix.
2. They are professionally made, thus preventing cracks and thus giving a room an excellent decorative design.